Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

You really need plain pdfTeX, do you? Otherwise you know ConTeXt's sophisticated color commands?

Actually I tried to retrive color tricks from ConTeXt core but without results.

Do I need plain pdfTeX? Good question! In general, I feel better when I understand every bit in the code (excluding binaries:). Typical control freak! Just for training, I often try to invent the wheel my self before I use it. Of course using ConTeXt and its sophisticated wheels is a great fun and user friendly way to do things, but the real pleasure is to know how the wheel works.

Regards, Pawe/l