Hi,

any reason you use textext here? Do you need changing labels? If not,
you should use [...] draw btex $\frac{a}{b}$ etex; [...]

I thought textext was just a faster version of btex ... etex and supposed that this would be the 'way to go', since it is a part of MetaFun. But I checked out the btex ... etex version and that worked out like a charm. As you can tell from my previous posts, I'm a TeX newbie, so I don't know what's wrong here (if at all), but since it's working now and there is no noticeable speed difference, I'm happy with it.
So, thanks for your help and best regards,

Sebastian