Hi there,

after some investigation concluded I did not really installed the latest
version of ConTeXt properly. This being the cause of many of my previous
messages that Patrick, Hans and others (thanks to all !) so kindly
replied.

What I have here is a cygwin distro that comes with a texfm distro, in
this distro there is ConTeXt, but an older version from what I want
installed.

So in the texmf tree I put context files. So far so good.

But...this cygwin has a texexec shell script in /usr/bin that makes the
system to launch a texexec it has in: texfm/context/perltk.

I put there the new version of texexec copying into that directory all the
texmf/scripts/perl directory that comes in the new version of ConTeXt.

Now the new texexec is summoned. Great.

I even manage to pass to him the path where to put the en nl and metafun
formats (texfm/web2c) and so it does when I asked it:

texexec --make --alone en nl metafun

But...

when trying to do

texexec --pdf dummy

in /cygdrive/c/documents/versions (a cygwin alias to
C:\documents\versions, place where dummy.tex can be found)

it says:

 TeXExec 4.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004

            executable : pdfetex
                format : /cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/share/texmf/web2c/cont-en
             inputfile : pvm
                output : pdftex
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

pdfetex: unrecognized option `-fmt=cont-en'
Try `pdfetex --help' for more information.

           return code : 256
              run time : 0 seconds

        total run time : 1 seconds
make: *** [pvm.pdf] Error 1