Marko Schütz wrote:

Hi,

I have a project containing products containing components. For one of
the products I want to achieve a continuous numbering (as I get when
`texexec`ing the product file) but I want a single pdf per component.

I expect that there is an elegant solution, but didn't find it yet. So
any hint is appreciated.

technically, if you have run the whole file, you can run a component

\setuphead[chapter][incrementnumber=mainfilename]

should pick up numbers from the file; can you test that? i can extend that with setting the page number as well;

another option is to use texexec --pdfselect

(this can be automated, by picking up numbers from the tuo file; remind me in a few weeks)