Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

ever so often I read mails by Giuseppe or Idris on Aleph.
Now I also saw that there is a context-manual on aleph.
Does this mean I can use the examples mentions there under ConTeXt?

Running an alephtest.tex file ...
\start \textdir TLT\relax \setups[ward]
\start \textdir BLB\relax \red \setups[ward]
\stop \setups[ward]
\stop
... tells me that "\textdir" is an "Undefined control sequence"

What is missing?

probably aleph -)

texexec --make --alone --tex=aleph

texexec yourfile --tex=aleph --output=dpx

(or first line of file: % tex=aleph output=dvipdfmx)