Hi gang,

I'm trying to figure out whether it's whorthwhile to write slides for my presentations in ConTeXt instead of using Powerpoint or Keynote (I'm not an engineer or a scientist, so maths doesn't matter). I have cooked up a nice-looking template without too many frills that kind of copies what I used to do in Keynote (shaded background, footers etc.). There's one important thing I can't get to work: is it possible to have a picture and a text next to it with the text being centered horizontally and vertically like so?

picturepicturepicture
picturepicturepicture
picturepicturepicture           Here
picturepicturepicture        goes all the
picturepicturepicture           text
picturepicturepicture
picturepicturepicture

What I tried is this:

\startfiguretext[left]{none}{\externalfigure[picture]}
\vfill
\midaligned{Here}
\midaligned{goes all the}
\midaligned{text}
\vfill
\stopfiguretext

but that doesn't work. I also tried things like \framed and \startcombinations (calling the text from a buffer), but all in vain. There doesn't seem to be an easy mechanism for centering stuff vertically in ConTeXt? Any help would be appreciated!

Best

Thomas