On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:07:23 +0200, Nikolai wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I remember reading somewhere that you can't use btex ... etex in "input"
> .mp files, as there is no possibility for them to be processed at that
> time.

That is somewhat incorrect information. You can not use btex ... etex in
a normal way in places where expansion is prohibited (i.e. definitions),
but whether or not this is inside an inputted file is irrelevant. If you need
run-time TeX labels, you can use the textext() macro from metafun, or
John Hobby's TEX() macro (available after "input tex;")

Greetings, Taco