Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Since my last MikTeX update (pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.20a-rc7.1-2.1, ConTeXt 2004.8.15) the line

\setupinteractionscreen[option=max]

doesn't have any effect any more (the same .tex document as before produces diffrent output - I can't get the whole-screen output any more).

*** *** *** *** ***

ok repaired, had nothing to do with the translation, more with a change in shipout flushing

> Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \??la \s!sl \c!status
> l.108 \c!status=\v!stop]

Did I miss any other files, did I make any mistake in my translations, is there any other command to be executed first? Or maybe just any of my local files or settings corrupted?

no, just that your old files don't work with the new ones, make a fresh install and then "texexec --make --alone --all" should give you what you want (all patterns to start with)

I also don't know what exactly to do to fully support the three special letters (and their uppercase equvalent) Ä,Å,Å,Ä,Å,Å (\v{c},\v{s},\v{z}, ...). In 'cont-usr.tex' I simply copied
\installlanguage [\s!sl] [\s!mapping={il2,ec},\s!encoding={il2,ec}]
although I have no idea if it is correct or not.

i huess it is

In LaTeX I use \usepackage[cp1250]{inputenc} (or latin2 or utf8, depending on the operating system and editor), but \useencoding and/or translate=cp1250cz in ConTeXt seem to have no effect (they do work for German ÃÃÃ, but not for our strange signs).

i think that latin 2 is il2, so

\enableregime[latin] should work, but best ask advice to czech users