Hi,

I tried what you suggested but the tuo files are the same ...

I am joining .tar.gz of the (simplified) project as Patrick asked.

thanks to everybody for help

  jean-pierre

Le 31 août 04, à 09:54, Hans Hagen a écrit :

jean-pierre le narzul wrote:

Hi,

When I launch texexec --pdf ....., it runs several times (6 or 7) before
ending with the following message .... :

"utility file analysis : another run needed"

The pdf seems to be correct but it takes long to be generated .....

Any idea of the problem ?

it looks like you have some oscillation going on; one way to find out is
texexec --pdf yourfile
copy yourfile.tuo yourfile-old.tuo texexec --pdf yourfile --once texutil --ref yourfile
diff yourfile-old.tuo yourfile.tuo
it should show differences
oscillation can take place when decisions are made based on previous runs (but only in tricky situations where the multi pass info gets loose from the target); it's one reason why there will never be real automated high quality typesetting -)