Am 14.09.2004 um 10:41 schrieb Michal Kvasnicka:

1) In practise, the movie plugin I have found only in the Acrobat Reader 5.x under Windoze; in Linux and in Adobe Reader 6.0 under Windoze it was not present. Can I download it somewhere?

On MacOS it depends from QuickTime, on Windows I don't know (perhaps try QuickTime).
On Linux I don't know either, probably it depends from the installed multimedia extensions (isn't there also QuickTime for Linux?).

2) What are limits of QuickTime JPeg in the PDF? It worked with a movie included in the QuickTime viewer under Windoze, but not with a movie from my digital camera (Olympus C730UZ). How can I convert it (for free)?

Perhaps look for QuickTime docs at Apple.

3) How can I include sounds to my PDF? Does it work with all Readers under all platforms, or not? What do I need to install?

You can't include them, you can only link to them (as like movies); I heard you could include media files since PDF 1.5 (Acrobat 6), but never tried.
AFAIK all multimedia extensions work only with Acrobat (Reader) and not with any other PDF viewer.

4) Some JavaScripts work only under Windoze, not under Linux. Why? How can I fix that? Mr. Hagen's clock example, and Mr. Gundlach euro-anim example are just two cases.

Adobe changed Acrobat's JavaScript implementation several times. And it has/had different bugs/features in every edition.
Acrobat 4 e.g. had a wrong or undefined state of some variables at startup...
Some things are rather strange: I tried to access user's settings (like measure unit), but that's not possible, at least in Acrobat 5.

5) Does Adobe still support Linux? There is a reader version 6.0 for Windoze, but only 5.0.9 for Linux.

5.0.9 is rather new and fixes some bugs of previous versions (on Mac and Win there was only 5.0.5),
but they don't seem to plan an Adobe Reader 6 for Linux.
But there is a Distiller 6 Server for Linux. I guess they see Linux mainly as a server platform.

6) If I want to learn how to use JavaScript in the ConTeXt, what Adobe document should I read first? Is somewhere explained to integrate it in the ConTeXt (more that the widgets manual)?

There's no document I know of that gives a good introduction into JavaScript for Acrobat. You should know JavaScript "for Web" to understand Adobe's docs.
I started writing some simple extensions for Acrobat 5 some weeks ago and didn't find much what I could use.
Perhaps look at these:
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/docs.jsp#javascript
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/webseminars/archive.jsp
http://www.planetpdf.com
http://www.pdfzone.com

(Sorry, I will be off from tomorrow to end of September.)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/