OK, I tried several things to fix the error "Undefined control sequence. <argument> \c!gebied," but it persists. I wiped out my entire texmf.local tree and started from scratch because I thought the c!gebied was residing in some older file that ha dnot been overwritten. But even starting from scratch wouldn't amend the situation; after regenerating the format, I get the same error. However, grepping for "c!gebied" in the newly created tree gives only this result:

grep -r 'c!gebied' ./*
./tex/context/base/cont-sys.ori:% \setupexternalfigures [\c!gebied={e:/fig/eps,t:/mine/figs}]
./tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme:% \setupexternalfigures [\c!gebied={e:/fig/eps,t:/mine/figs}]

So this shouldn't be the problem since these two lines in cont-sys.rme are commented out. Does anybody have an idea where the error is coming from? There must be some old config file re-introducing it into the format file, but I can't seem to find it.

Baffled

Thomas