On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 01:57:47PM +0200, Maurice Diamantini wrote:
> I hope I'm not too much out of topic, but I'm trying
> to put a metapost figure in a context file.
> I use a separate file for the figure to keep it
> independant, (and to avoid cumul of problems :-)
>
> The objectif is to build a graph by positionning some
> node (for now, it is just a circle)
> connecting them bu some ncarc connector (using metaObj)
> and the put label onto these arc.
>
> I know that one can do that using tree or matrix mataObj
> feature, but I'd want to be flexible on the node positions,

You can attach named paths to objects and then labels these. Here is my
first try, seems to work:

\startMPinclusions
        input metaobj;
\stopMPinclusions
\startreusableMPgraphic{labeltest}
                newCircle.a(btex A etex);
                newCircle.b(btex B etex);
                a.c=origin;
                b.c=a.c+(1cm,2cm);
                ncline.b(a)(b) "name(ab)";
                ObjLabel.b(btex $a\rightarrow b$ etex) "labpathname(ab)",
                        "labangle(0)";
                drawObj(a,b);
\stopreusableMPgraphic
\starttext
        \reuseMPgraphic{labeltest}
\stoptext

For more options for labels, see page 54ff of the metaobj manual.

Greetings,
Eckhart