Alan,

that's the right file, though if you use Gerben's installer, the teTeX directory in /Library is a symlink to /usr/local/teTeX (not the other way round). I have the same installation and the same file. Are you sure it doesn't contain those lines? It should, and mine does. How did you open it? I suggest we make further communciation off list if you don't mind. I can send you my edited version of the file, but it would be instructive if you could edit it yourself.

Best

Thomas