Hello,

I think I´mgetting confused with all of the font selection within context.

First: I have a miktex environment on on W2K.

1.
to change single fonts:
\definetypeface [palatino] [rm] [serif] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]
\switchtotypeface[palatino][12pt,rm]
results in an error that the font is not found (font: uplr8t)

on my system following files are available:
uplr8a.afm
uplr8v.tfm
uplr8v.pfb
uplr8a.pfb
uplr8v.htf

but I think tfm is needed

2.
I thought that the default encoding should be texnansi
I tried that but context is looking for texnansi-uhvr8a (here for helvet). The font uhvr8a is on my system.

3.
should be there some font-switching macros on the system called font-xxx.tex (example font-lbr.tex)? These are missing on my system.
I think these are needed forthings like:
\setupbodyfont[lbr, sans, 12pt]

4.
within miktex there are "lucida" font files from yandy (lbr.tfm
). Is that a free version of lucida-font?
(is that for math? [there is anotherfile called math-lbt.tex in \context\base])

do I need to get the missing fonts/files and why are they not provided with
miktex.
Perhaps a change of the distribution is to prefer? (which one)

Is there a manual which explains how to change fonts (in a way that a normal user who is new to context can understand it)?

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang