Christopher Creutzig wrote:

 I have two problems with bookmarks:

- Preview.App does display the list of bookmarks, but they do not work.
  The same file has no such problems in Adobe.  (There are files with
  bookmarks that work ok in Preview.App, such as the Adobe JavaScript
  reference.)

preview is buggy and weak on interactive features

- I fail to provide a bookmark different from a chapter title, if that
  title is not followed by text, but directly by a \section command.
  Whether I place \bookmark in front of or behind the \chapter command,
  it affects the next section command with text behind it.

i'll fix this, for the moment say:

\appendtoks\def\quotation#1{"#1"}\to\simplifiedcommands
\appendtoks\def\quote    #1{'#1'}\to\simplifiedcommands