Hi,

Recently I've installed Gerben Wierda's teTeX distributon incl. ConTeXt
on my iMac (Macos X, 10.3.6). Now I'm trying to learn ConTeXt. I'm
marking up my documents in TeXShop, version 1.34.
I can typeset small ConTeXt documents and generate PDF-files as long as
the type setting commands are in English. However, I would like to use
Dutch type setting commands like:

\starttekst
Dit is een test
\stoptekst

When I typeset this file from within TexShop I get following output and
errors

<Begin screen message>

 TeXExec 5.2.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-nl
             inputfile : Context-les1
                output : pdftex
             interface : nl
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3)
 (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/natural.tcx)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt cont-nl.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-nl'.
Sorry, I can't find the format `cont-nl.fmt'; will try `context.fmt'.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
I can't find the format file `context.fmt'!

           return code : 256
              run time : 6 seconds

        total run time : 6 seconds

<End screen message>

First my interface was en (english). As can been seen in the listing my
interface language is now nl . I changed this under my root account with
the command texexec --make nl en

My Texexec --verbose output under my user account is:

<Begin terminal output>
 TeXExec 5.2.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004

          current path : /Users/robert
     locating ini file : kpsewhiching texexec.ini on scripts
     locating ini file : kpsewhiching texexec.ini elsewhere
     locating ini file : found by kpsewhich
               reading :
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/context/config/texexec.ini
               setting : 'TeXShell' to 'tetex' for 'all'
               setting : 'UseEnginePath' to 'false' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'nl en metafun mptopdf' for 'all'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'nl' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviSpecialScript' to 'dvispec' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormat' to 'metafun' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXHashExecutable' to 'mktexlsr' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdfetex' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXPassString' to '-progname=context' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXBatchFlag' to '-int=batchmode' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXNonStopFlag' to '-int=nonstopmode' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpPassString' to '-progname=mpost' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpBatchFlag' to '-int=batchmode' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpNonStopFlag' to '-int=nonstopmode' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '-ini -translate-file=natural.tcx'
for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini -translate-file=natural.tcx'
for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXPassString' to '-progname=context
-translate-file=natural.tcx' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpPassString' to '-progname=mpost
-translate-file=natural.tcx' for 'tetex'

          used setting : TeXShell = tetex
          used setting : SetupPath =
          used setting : UserInterface = nl
          used setting : UsedInterfaces = nl en metafun mptopdf
          used setting : TeXFontsPath = .
          used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
          used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
          used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
          used setting : TeXProgramPath =
          used setting : TeXFormatPath =
          used setting : ConTeXtPath =
          used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
          used setting : TeXHashExecutable = mktexlsr
          used setting : TeXExecutable = pdfetex
          used setting : TeXVirginFlag = -ini -translate-file=natural.tcx
          used setting : TeXBatchFlag = -int=batchmode
          used setting : TeXNonStopFlag = -int=nonstopmode
          used setting : MpBatchFlag = -int=batchmode
          used setting : MpNonStopFlag = -int=nonstopmode
          used setting : TeXPassString = -progname=context
-translate-file=natural.tcx
          used setting : TeXFormatFlag = &
          used setting : MpFormatFlag = &
          used setting : MpVirginFlag = -ini -translate-file=natural.tcx
          used setting : MpPassString = -progname=mpost
-translate-file=natural.tcx
          used setting : MpFormat = metafun
          used setting : MpFormatPath =
          used setting : UseEnginePath = 0
          used setting : FmtLanguage =
          used setting : FmtBodyFont =
          used setting : FmtResponse =
          used setting : TcXPath =
          used setting : SetFile =

 applications will use : /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf
     generating format : not using fmtutil

                --help   overview of all options and their values
            --help all   all about all options
          --help short   just the main options
   --help mode ... pdf   all about a few options
        --help '*.pdf'   all about options containing 'pdf'

<end terminal output>

I believe that I'm doing things terrible wrong and I'm not that much
used to use the terminal  (as root, administrator or user) in Macos X.

Any tips how I can get my Dutch typesetting command from within TeXShop?
Many thanks in advance.

Robert

--
Robert Kroon E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]