Maurice Diamantini wrote:

Le 26 déc. 04, à 21:57, h h extern a écrit :

Christmas present ...

Would it not be a better idea to provide another environnement name
to avoid conflict with the future standard startline environment?

I tried to rename "startlines" to "startLines" with other hack,
but it doesn't seem to be suffisant (but I didn't expect to!).

no, just the same command, but with an option:

\setuplines[space=on]

if there is real demand for it i can always make a

\definelines[lines]

\definelines[Lines][space=on]