h h extern wrote:
if you want to move things around in an encoding neutral way:

\defineXMLsingular
  [c]
  [n=unknowncharacter]
  {\executeifdefined {\XMLop{id}} \unknowncharacter}

<c n='eacute'/>

Thanks, Hans, for the example. I do agree, but I'm sorry I don't quite understand how to apply this code. Could you be more specific?

Do I still have to use the unicode number, or is this a method to use \"e again in the database?

Should I code each diacritic in this way, such as ouml (ö) in my example: <p>J. Sch&#246;ttelndreher</p>)?

My solution by the way does not work with, e.g., a Turkish scedil (U0015F) in my database, while Tex excells in all kinds of diacritics.

Kind regards,

Robert