Ciro A. Soto wrote:
Hello,
I would like to know what is the best way to check spelling in a TeX-prepared document.
I could use ispell (linux/unix), but I wonder
if there is a better way with OpenOffice, or
other package. Besides, ispell wouldn't check
my spanish words like "Am\'erica" because of the
accent.

You can use \enableregime[utf] and write your documents in unicode with all the accents instead. I sometimes used the spellchecker inside WinEDT, but I'm no expert in that field. Open office is somehow inappropriate for writing plain text documents, although I use it sometimes as spellchecker too.

Mojca