Holger Peters wrote:
Hi,

I want to use a LaTeX Package (clrscode), or at least I want to port it to Context.

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/clrscode/

hm, not complex but mostly calls to latex font switches ans such

Is there some way to use LaTex Packages (I guess not).

so you need to rewrite it

Is there documentation about writing ConTeXt modules? (I didn't find any).

- try to use high level constructs (or ask me to provide them -)
- only use low level macroe documented in syst-*.tex and supp-*.tex (the ones mentioned in \macros, not the \dododo things)
- think fresh, forget about how other packages do it, think about what *you* want / need
- user modules are prefixed with t- (m- x- p- and s- are reserved for core modules and styles)

Now, about your code beautifier. Since you end up with additional markup anyway, why not go XML. You can then embed that in you tex document as usual (and have the full power of context available) but also use the code in webpages.

To give you an idea:

\starttext

\long\def\startcode#1\stopcode
 {\begingroup
  \startXMLmapping[code]%
  \enableXML\scantokens{#1}%
  \stopXMLmapping
  \endgroup}

\newcount\codedepth
\newdimen\codeindent \codeindent=1em

\def\incrementcodedepth
  {\advance\codedepth\plusone
   \ifnum\codedepth>\plusone \advance\leftskip\codeindent \fi
   \relax}

\def\decrementcodedepth
  {\ifnum\codedepth>\plusone \advance\leftskip-\codeindent \fi
   \advance\codedepth\minusone
   \relax}

\defineregister[function][functions]
\setupregister[function][expansion=yes]

\startXMLmapping[code]

\defineXMLsingular [if] {\endgraf{\bf if}\incrementcodedepth}
\defineXMLsingular [then] {{\bf then}\endgraf\incrementcodedepth}
\defineXMLsingular [else] {\endgraf\decrementcodedepth{\bf else}\endgraf\incrementcodedepth}
\defineXMLsingular [end] {\endgraf{\bf end}\decrementcodedepth\endgraf}

  \defineXMLsingular [int]  {{\bf int}\space\ignorespaces}
  \defineXMLsingular [bool] {{\bf bool}\space\ignorespaces}

  \defineXMLsingular [var]  [id='x'] {{\tf \XMLop{id}}}

  \defineXMLenvironment [function] [id=unknown]
    {\endgraf\function{\XMLop{id}}{\bf function}\space{\sl\XMLop{id}}\space}
    {\endgraf\incrementcodedepth}

  \defineXMLenvironment [return]
    {{\bf return}\space}
    {\endgraf}

  \defineXMLenvironment [c]
    {\bgroup\setups{code:comment}\type{//* }\ignorespaces}
    {\removeunwantedspaces\type{ *//}\egroup\endgraf}

\stopXMLmapping

\startsetups [code:comment]

  \defineXMLsingular [var]  [id='x'] {{\bs \XMLop{id}}}

\stopsetups

\startcode
    <if/> (i&lt;10) <then/>
       <c>Let's add some comment here. Well, <var id='a'/> means nothing to
me.</c>
       <var id='a'/> := 3
    <else/>
       <c>This is a funny language, a kind of mixture.</c>
       <var id='a'/> := 1
    <end/>
    <return>a</return>
<end/>
\stopcode

\blank[3*big]\placeregister[function][criterium=all]

\stoptext

If there is interest in such a module, i can write the auxiliary macros needed for it and others can define the languages.