Hi,

may be not a very nice solution but ...

\startitemize[none,packed]
\item LONG-UGLY-STRING-LIKE-THIS

   \startnarrower[left]
     A few sentences, indented somewhat from the left margin, that
     relate to the long ugly string above. The indentation allows the
     reader to scan the ugly strings (which might well be in
     alphabetical order.
   \stopnarrower
\stopitemize

Willi

cormullion wrote:
This should be simple, but my brain is currently clogged from reading too many
ConTeXt manuals, so please help!

Iâm trying to make a simple format that Iâve used elsewhere. The first part of
each item (a kind of \head) is not indented, but the remaining paragraph(s) of that item
are. For example:

LONG_UGLY_STRING_LIKE_THIS
     A few sentences, indented somewhat from the left margin, that relate
     to the long ugly string above. The indentation allows the reader to scan
     the ugly strings (which might well be in alphabetical order.

ANOTHER_LONG_UGLY_STRING_LIKE_THIS
     A few sentences, indented somewhat from the left margin, that relate
     to the long ugly string above. The indentation allows the reader to scan
     the ugly strings (which might well be in alphabetical order.

I just canât persuade my understanding of ConTeXt facilities to do this for
me... :-)