h h extern wrote:

no, more with the default penalties, compare:

(for adam: take a look at core-spa, the default setups in there may answer a few of the questions in your postings)

\starttext

\startsetups [test]
  \resetpenalties\widowpenalties
  \resetpenalties\clubpenalties
  \resetpenalties\interlinepenalties
\stopsetups

I suppose this is another test setup!

\startsetups [test] \nopenalties \stopsetups

Sorry, but I keep struggling with the bad page breaks! I've tried both suggested setups, but my document (approx. 80 pages) hardly improved, despite the fact that it only deals with a few figures!

I want all pages to be of the same length, one missing line is allowed but no more!

It's not a ConTeXt problem I suppose, so switching to LaTeX won't solve the problem! Do you've any suggestions for further reading regarding these various penalties?

Regards,
   Geert

--
Geert C.H.M. Verhaag
St. Jorisstraat 29

Tel.: (+31)-774742493, E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]