testing and result.

========== test.tex ====================================
\input font-arb % the new font-arb you send me
\starttext

\setarab
\novocalize % normal arab document doesn't have the vocal signs.

Some texts in arab. some random thought. here are some arabic words.
\<bwkw pndwAn>. Below some arabic word with english word. We can
combine them in one paragraph. % \<..> will produce line beyond the
margin. use for short arabic only.

\startarabic

  kAjyn ayn mmr.hAl sAtw prwtwtA'yp awntwq mnjAnkn dwkwmn jAwy dry
  dwkwmn rwmy <some english words> . ay mggwnAkn kwnsyp pgatwrcArA'n
brAsAskn kwmpwnwn . ay mggwnAkn kwnsyp pgatwrcArA'n brAsAskn kwmpwnwn.

\stoparabic

1) it fail with log;

mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour;
mag:=1; nonstopmode;
input ArabicItalic
This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.3)
kpathsea: Running mktexmf ArabicItalic

! I can't find file ArabicItalic'.

solution;
 add these to font-arb.tex near line 213.

\definefontsynonym [ArabicItalic]    [xnsh14]

% nash14 doesn't have italic. the error probably at line 43.

\font\arbfont=\truefontname{Arabic#1} at \currentfontscale\scratchdimen

2) the body text in english such as "some text ..." appear in \em.
 solution: add these to top of file test.tex.

\usetypescript[postscript]
\switchtotypescript[postscript]

3) the symbol "|" and "~" is broken in arabic mode.

code "\<kw|pm>" have error;

! Illegal arabic command: |.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ...age {Illegal arabic command: \nxp #1}
                                                  \a@@cmd = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#1\ar...
<argument> kw|
              pm
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] #1
                                                   \end \box [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\egroup
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ...b {#1}\fi \ifarab [EMAIL PROTECTED] {#1}
                                                   \fi \iftrans [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
l.25 \<kw|pm>

the "|" is needed to break some arabic ligature. the "~" is needed to
code a few arabic/jawi glyph. any idea how to proceed?

zamri