Thanks so much!
After a fair amount of tinkering & testing, I've got it worked out.
Regards,
David Wooten

On Feb 21, 2005, at 1:17 AM, Adam Lindsay wrote:

Thomas A.Schmitz said this at Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:01:50 +0100:

Just a quick reply:

having the afm is already very good. The file without an extension
looks suspiciously like a Mac font resource. Can you try running the
utility "fondu" on it (from the command line)? That will usually
produce the pfbs (very likely, there's more than one: roman, italics,
bold ...). Texfont, btw, can equally well work with truetype fonts, so
if you have a proper tryetype font with extension .ttf. you might as
well use this. texfont will produce a map entry that you will have to
modify a bit (so it points to a .ttf instead of the default .pfb), but
that's not too difficult. As to names: don't bother, ConTeXt is happy
with whatever name you throw at it.

Only a couple things to add: When fondu generates the .pfb file, copy the .afm to share the new (probably longer) filename.

Texfont on MacOSX trips on capital letter extensions: make sure they're
uniformly lower case.

If fondu fails you (it hasn't failed me yet), there's also t1unmac (lcdf.org).

And if texfont installation fails or inexplicably stalls, you might need
to go in and truncate long (255+ character) lines by manually editing the
text file. I've always found these to be comment/copyright lines, so
you're not hurting anything by doing so.

You lucky so-and-so for getting Andulka!
adam