On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:34:44 +0100, Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mats Broberg wrote:
> >
> > - I tested with the inital "H" and
> > [Lines=4,Hang=.1,Nindent=20pt,Findent=20pt]. This makes the H itself be
> > indented too (see enclosed dump). It seems that Findent adds space both
> > before and after the dropcap, when it only should add after the dropcap.
>
> That was a bug, so, although I promised I wouldn't do this ... here is
> version four. ;-)
>
> > - The text font seems to be defaulted to small capitals. However, this
> > is merely one of the conventions how text after a dropcap is set. Other
> > conventions include e.g. roman or italic caps, roman or italic lower
> > case etc.
>
> You can set the 'TextFont' parameter to something else.
>
> > - Regarding the slope one should be able to set indentation separately
> > for each line. This depends on the fact that some characters call for a
> > different type of intendation of the lines - e.g. the character "L".
>
> I will keep this in mind for a future extension
>
> > - Sometimes there is a need to indent the dropcap slightly itself, e.g.
> > if one uses a quotation mark before the dropcap. So a parameter to
> > control that would be great.
>
> You can set the 'Hang' parameter to a negative value.
>
> Greetings, Taco

Just tried the following code:
\placefigure[right]{none}{\externalfigure[foo][width=4cm,height=4cm]}
Voici a very silly \input tufte

\blank[1cm]

\placefigure[right]{none}{\externalfigure[foo][width=4cm,height=4cm]}
\lettrine {V}{oici} a very silly \input tufte
There is a strange behaviour of \placefigure[right] when using
\lettrine (see PDF at http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/pub/context/drop.pdf )

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Q.