Hello Ciro,

> I am my distributor maintainer.

But you got your distribution from some source?

> what is the "local guide" you refer to?

This should come with your TeX system (Linux system, downloaded TeX
system, whatever) that tells you about things that you need to know
about your TeX system. Including the available fonts. Since I don't
know what your TeX system is, I can't tell you if you have such a
local guide. If it is not on your system, you should complain to the
person that gave you the TeX.

> Wouldn't it be nice to have a command in Context like:

> \listavailablefonts [type1 | truetype | ... | all]

Then please define what a font is. But apart from that, it is not
possible from within TeX.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net