> just download the windows zip file from our website and install that one
> in a separate tree, e.g. under
>
> c:\context
>
> then, you can initialize that tree with
>
> c:\context\setuptex c:\context
>
> and voila ...

Ok, I followed the above. Now I have two trees, c:\TeXLive and c:\ConTeXt

Issues:

1. I ``initialized'' the \ConTeXt tree and ran

texexec --make

but no aleph format, so a batch file is called:

cd C:\ConTeXt\texmf-mswin\web2c
aleph --ini *plain \dump
texexec --make en -tex=aleph
aleph --ini *cont-en

but...

C:\ConTeXt\texmf-mswin\web2c>aleph --ini *plain \dump
! aleph.pool doesn't match; otangle me again (or fix the path).

How do I get aleph working?

2. How do I get my OS to recognize/prioritize the C:\ConTeXt tree (when I call
texexec from my editor it still calls from c:\TeXLive)? Do I have to uninstall
ConTeXt from my c:\TeXLive path? What is the cleanest way to do that?

3. I presume that
\ConTeXt\texmf-local\web2c\texmf.cnf
is the one
texexec --make
uses. Have you already optimized/tested
\ConTeXt\texmf-local\web2c\texmf.cnf
for aleph (there were a few issues as you may recall...)?

Best
Idris

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy