Hi Thomas,

Thanks for trying, but it is not the correct way. Sorry for being
unclear. The point is that shell escaping was not done in the proper
way. Fix 1 used to do it in the configuration file (texexec.ini) which
is basically a bad idea. Shell escaping has to be done properly by
texexec.

Thomas A.Schmitz :
> OK, I think I got the new beta working now under OS X. David Munger's
> suggestions were key (thanks a lot!). I had to apply both fixes,
> AFAICS:

Fix 1 should not be applied. Don't touch your texexec.ini, the right
lines are the original ones:

set  TeXFormatFlag      to  &
set  MpFormatFlag       to  &

Fix 2 has to be applied to lines 1505 _and _ 2443:

Regards,

David