Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

Let's keep \sc. After all, ConTeXt already contains many redundancies (and that's a good thing imho->)

Yes.

(I think that \Var[up] (for upright figures) is more intuituve that \Var[ns]), at least in English:-)))

I agree, both Adams's \Var[lf] and Idris's \Var[up] is better then my ns. I prefer 'lf', since a) it is related to figures, b) 'up' can be mix up with upshape/slanted.

% lowercase
light \lf medium \tf
semibold \sb
bold \bf
lightitalic \lt
italic \it
semibold italic \st
bold italic \bi

What about: light \lf medium \mf semibold \sf bold \bf lightitalic \li italic \it semibold italic \si bold italic \bi It is more intuitive, is't it?

I checked if they have not been occupied yet and at least in en interface it is OK.

vit