Jörg Hagmann wrote:
Hi Taco,

1. \inmarge figures can't be handled. Instead they appear in the text. This is an example from the log file:
! Undefined control sequence.
l.35 \inmarge
{\externalfigure[8pyruvate_lab]}

The command is called \inmargin (at least in the english interface).

I was following the manual ("Context - an excursion") where \inmarge is used with marginal figures. I thought that was the command to use, and it works on my computer here.
I am using \inmargin with text; does what you are saying mean the two commands do the same?

\inmarge is dutch for \inmargin, and it should have been replaced in the 'excursion" when ConTeXt switched to low-level english commands last year. So yes, they are the same, but if you are not using the dutch interface explicitly, then \inmarge will only work in old ConTeXt-s.

2. The references don't work ("??"). Again, an example:
references     : unknown reference [][krebsbox]

Are you sure that texutil is started by the texexec run as it should?

No. How do I find out? And if it's not working, what should I do? (I have to admit that I don't really understand the programme - I simply translated into actions those few commands I could make sense of in the texexec manual, such as make ...).

assuming you document is called 'test', then:

  $ texexec test

should end with:

  Output written on test.dvi (1 page, 296 bytes).
  Transcript written on test.log.

             return code : 0
                run time : 1 seconds
    sorting and checking : running texutil

   TeXUtil 9.0.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2004

                  action : processing commands, lists and registers
                  option : sorting IJ under Y
                  option : converting high ASCII values
              input file : test.tui
             output file : test.tuo
         passed commands : 10
           remapped keys : 0
        register entries : 0 -> 0 entries 0 references
         synonym entries : 0 -> 0 entries
          embedded files : 1

        total run time : 2 seconds

  $