bb wrote:

Reading my own words I see how they don't exactly convey warm appreciation for all the hard work that has been put into context.

That's ok, i have written stuff in the not so distant past that was much, much less appreciative. :-)

below. Since texlive 2005 is in the process of being worked out,
perhaps a better use of time would be to ensure that a fully
functional, up-to-date (and upgradable!) context gets included.

It wouldn't stay up-to-date for the whole year, only for the first six months or so. But you are right that the current (texlive2004) situation is particularly messy, and an effort should be made to make sure that the next texlive starts off with a more stable situation.

Taco