Hi Jianfeng, Hi Hans,

because i had the same Problem some time ago i prepared
two PerlScripts for converting Unicode TrueType fonts
to suitable bunches of Type 1 fonts for use in ConTeXt
in big5 and gbk encoding.

I sent the scripts to Hans. He perhaps wanted to include
them into texexec.pl if possible. If you use Windows
or can use Windows i can send you the scripts.
(they work with a particular version of ttf2pfb.exe only)

B.t.w. for the use of the fonts described in font-chi.tex you
will need only some files you can download from
ftp.ctex.org. (If you like i can send you these files too)

Xiao Jianfeng schrieb:
Thanks a lot and I will try to contact Hong Feng :-)

Hans Hagen wrote:

Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

I started to use ConTeXt several weeks ago, and I like it very much  :-)

I met some problems when I tried to use Chinese in ConTeXt. I have tried to setup Chinese fonts according to the manual "Chinese in ConTeXt" (mchinese.pdf) which seems a little out-of-date. In the manual, programs gbpfb/chpfb, and gbenc are used to perpare the Chinese fonts. But, I chpfb is not shipped with trubolinux anymore . I have googled and couldn't find these programs on the internet.

Do someone have some experience of how to setup Chinese in ConTeXt?



there are users on this list, also,

  Hong Feng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

does the chinese user group have an archive with those tools and fonts?

of the chinese user group is an able context user so he may be of help.

We need to fix the manual! Suggestions are welcome.

btw, there will be tutorials at the tex ocnference in china

Hans
_______________________________________________
ntg-context mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context

Reply via email to