Am 18.06.2005 um 18:06 schrieb Peter Münster:

With this experience I'm quite sure, that ConTeXt is much easier to use
for a thesis, than MS-Word. After about 4 or 5 days reading the

Don't know if it's easier (for a programmer, sure), but much more reliable -
MSW is famous for destroying huge works like books or theses.

A German computer magazine (I think it was c't) recently tested the ability of different word processors to process big documents with footnotes, registers, lists etc, and MSW became bad grades - if you choose to use a word processor,
use OpenOffice.org!

None of my colleagues, even those with several years of experience with
MS-Word, is able to do that.

It *is* possible if you know how and are very careful (split the text in
chapters, safe and backup often etc.), but OpenOffice.org is better for that -
besides any TeX, of course. ;-)

Another important thing: *only* MS-Word can read your Word- document, and of course only the right version (M$ won't guarantee, that Word-2005 prints
out your document the same way as Word-2000).

That's not true since about Word 98; and there are a lot of other word
processors that can import MSW-Docs (e.g. OOo again).

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net