Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

Yes, but my point is that I *don't* use cmr (at least not in
this document), so I see no reason why ConTeXt shoud load
lmr :)

as taco explained in a previous mail, we *do* need a fall back font, just in case somewhere later in the process

of course we can start being restrictive like demanding that styles have an explicit order of definitions and such (no box building before such and so) but then we end up in a real messy situation

So, how do I set my preferred fall-back font?

i guess in cont-en.tex and such

BTW, does ConTeXt support the pazo family of fonts?

never tried them ... question for adam -)