Friday, July 8, 2005 Hans Hagen wrote:

> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>>>\definetypescriptsynonym[modern][courier]
>>
>> That's quite a hack, but if there is no other choice ...

> but a valid one; well, the idea is that oen can combine fonts, so ...

Not so valid at all. For example, it doesn't allow me to
reset the scale factor.

I really think we need a way to overrule single selections
within a typescript without resorting to file synonyms.

> btw, why don't you want to install latin modern? the
> monospaced variant combines well with palatino; of course
> one has to play with rscale a bit (i'm amazed about the
> amount of tex docs and books on the web that have funny
> relative scaling)

Because I want to try something different.

Plus, if I didn't, you wouldn't notice where the typescript
mechanism would need to be extended to provide more
flexibility :)

>> Actually I was thinking about something like Lucida Console
>> ... provided that I manage to set it up :)

> what platform? there is a myway on that; we can add the metrics to the
> (windows)
> font zip file if needed

I'm on Windows XP. Anyway, now I'm having a look at the Luxi
fonts. Look interesting.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta