Martin Kolarík wrote:

Hi all,

I need to create document where all text is colored (e.g. gray). So I used
textbackground, and it works. But if I add some floating table into the
document, the text in the table is not colored corectly.

Small attached example show this, all texts should be red. The second table
has for the errorneous cell set [color=red] too, and neither this works.

Example is only an example -- real situation comes from XML document, which
is a bit more complicated and the color problems are a bit more complicated
too -- colors in the table (color and framecolor too) firstly appear after
the first in-cell color change, before this color change table is not
colored. But this I did not suceed simplify to the example.
looks funny and buggy to me; you can file a bug report on the temp wiki bug page

Now it seems like textbackground affects floats too (why not) but with some
difficulties. One could expect some "renewing" of the backgrounds in the
floating table (again why not :-), but this does not work fully too.

Thanks for any hints or corrections,
forget about background in your case, just use:

\setupcolors
 [state=start,
  textcolor=red]