Brooks Moses wrote:

I had also put some lists of all the \show... and \trace... commands I found in the sources on the Discussion page for Visual_Debugging; it may be useful to go through and compare our lists.

Note that the \trace... commands seem to be defined with \newif; thus, they come in "\iftrace...", "\trace...true", and "\trace...false" trios.

when the list we can see if some more consistency is needed Hans