Mojca Miklavec wrote:

maybe a better name is regi-ce or just regi-1250

regi-ce is a bad name as there are 4 central european encodings
(IBM-853, ISO-8859-2, MacCE and Windows-1250) plus Croatian. 1250
alone is probably OK, but there's no hint in file name about which
encoding is meant (windows/ibm/iso/mac ...).

I tested the code for regime synonyms and it looks OK. Thanks for
investingating my request :)
ok, i'll add it to enco-ini then

(concerning eregi-* files: you can define filesynonyms so we need a list of
filesynonyms and regimesynonyms)

What do you mean by writing file synonyms? Where would it be used?

\definefilesynonym  [mojka]  [mojca]
\definefilesynonym  [moika]  [mojca]
\definefilesynonym  [moica]  [mojca]

For unicode regimes, this is probably an useful (more or less complete) set.

\defineregimesynonym[utf8][utf]
\defineregimesynonym[utf 8][utf]
the spacy one does not make much sense

\defineregimesynonym[utf-8][utf]
\defineregimesynonym[unicode][utf]
not sure about this one

(Btw, I tried all the four before I got the answer on the mailing list
that I should use 'utf' instead.)

For the rest of the regimes I have to take a look first, so that I
don't say anything wrong. There has to be only one clear scheme.
indeed, i'll wait patiently for your complete list of synonyms

there are

\showcharacters
\showaccents

Thank you. The commands were only kind-of-working here. They produced
the table that I wanted (and quite some trash as well), but they were
complaining a lot.

Thanks for the contribution into Visual debugging, Hraban!

What's the proper name for nonbreaking space, '~', to be put in regi-* file?
how about \nonbreakablespace