Am 2005-07-26 um 00:08 schrieb Hans Hagen:
actually the code for that kind of trickery is already presen tfor soem time, see m-pstric for an example; now, what we probably need is a small extension to page-app, i.e. the command you want to execute; can you give an example of a lilipond call? if you're lucky, then the patch needed is a brain dead few liner;
the bounty you have to pay is ... writing a yourway document -)

Great! I'll "call back" if I dug a bit deeper into LilyPond (their mailing list unfortunately is not very responsive, at least to my questions).

In general, a lilypond call is
lilypond myfile
but I didn't find out yet how to make a "notes only" PDF (not a whole page).

--- snip ---
GNU LilyPond 2.6.0
Usage: lilypond [OPTION]... FILE...

Typeset music and/or produce MIDI from FILE.

LilyPond produces beautiful music notation.
For more information, see http://lilypond.org

-b, --backend=BACK use backend BACK (gnome, ps [default], scm, svg, tex, texstr) -d, --define-default=SYM=VAL set a Scheme program option. Uses #t if VAL is not specified
                                     Try -dhelp for help.
  -e, --evaluate=EXPR              evaluate scheme code
-f, --formats=FORMATs dump FORMAT,... Also as separate options:
      --dvi                        generate DVI (tex backend only)
      --pdf                        generate PDF (default)
      --png                        generate PNG
      --ps                         generate PostScript
      --tex                        generate TeX (tex backend only)
  -h, --help                       print this help
-H, --header=FIELD dump a header field to file BASENAME.FIELD
  -I, --include=DIR                add DIR to search path
  -i, --init=FILE                  use FILE as init file
-o, --output=FILE write output to FILE (suffix will be added)
  -j, --jail=USER,GROUP,JAIL,DIR   chroot to JAIL, become USER:GROUP
                                     and cd into DIR
      --no-print                   do not generate printed output
-p, --preview generate a preview of the first system
  -s, --safe-mode                  run in safe mode
  -v, --version                    print version number
  -V, --verbose                    be verbose
  -w, --warranty                   show warranty and copyright
--- snip --

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/