Brooks Moses wrote:

I just noticed that when I compile ConTeXt files with texexec -pdf, my copy of Acrobat 5 complains about "the PDF version of this file is too new for this viewer", but when I compile LaTeX files with pdflatex, I don't get that complaint.

Is there some way to set ConTeXt and texexec to create PDF files of the earlier version?

(I'll upgrade Acrobat eventually, but I have the full version and use the editing features a fair bit, and I gather that having the full version of Acrobat 5 and the free version of Acrobat 7 on the same machine causes lots of headaches.)

- Brooks

Try
\pdfoptionpdfminorversion=4

But also have look at
http://sarovar.org/project/shownotes.php?group_id=106&release_id=475

(extract from notes)

 Main changes of pdfTeX 1.30.0-rc5

- pdfxtex (introduced with 1.20a) is gone; all extensions are now in pdf(e)tex.
- Some primitives have been renamed; the old names will still work, but are
 deprecated and some give a warning that they are obsolete:
   \pdfoptionpdfminorversion         -> \pdfminorversion

luigi