Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> >1.) I saw \hbox, \vbox, \vtop, \lbox, \cbox, \rbox, \sbox, \tbox,
> >\bbox on page 106 of cont-eni.pdf. But if I understand it properly,
> >there's no alternative to LaTeX \parbox command.
> >1.1.) After grep-ing the LaTeX tree for "\parbox", my disk ran out of space
> >1.2.) \bTABLE ... \eTABLE seems too complicated to me to be used for
> >such a simple thing as asking for a paragraph of a certain width,
> >centered with regard to the current line.
> >
> as always, it's \framed that does the trick:
>
> \input tufte  \framed[location=middle,align=center]{what\\is a\\parbox}
> \input tufte

Thank you a lot. I didn't know the location=middle option (yupi, no
need for \vcenter any more :).

Without align=, \framed behaves pretty much like a \hbox. So once I
unsuccessfully tried \crlf and \\ inside \framed a couple of times, I
gave up, forgetting about some nice examples in the manual.

But how do I get rid of the blank line in this example:

\framed
        [align=flushleft]
        {\typefile{tufte.tex}}

Thank you,