Hi Mojca,

Re: encodings, this page may be of help:

  http://www.kostis.net/charsets/

I personally prefer to use iconv as a preprocessor (any to utf-8), so
I don't really care all that much about supported encodings. I have
some remarks anyway, of course ;-)

I think that some of the encodings on your list are more like "keyboard
mappings" than like actual input encodings (some MacXXX ones, for
instance).

The 'original' MICROSOFT/PC ones and EBCDIC have probably all fallen
in disuse by now  in 'normal operations'. I would not bother with them.

Cheers, Taco

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

a) Good luck (I don't want to be on your place)!
b) Take a good (commercial) program
c) If you're ready to invest the rest of your time (forget about hobbies!), it's probably doable in LaTeX or ConTeXt until then č) Forget about TeX - it will be possible to solve this problem one day with unicode & one of the new TeX engines. But until then, it's not worth the effort, because any effort you may invest will become obsolete in a couple of years.

I'm missing an option:

d) you need some editorial and TeX skill but otherwise this is quite
   doable with current TeX/ConTeXt.