Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

Hi Hans,

I only use aleph and pdfetex. I am concerned however, because aleph uses an older version of etex, and so there may be unintended consequences (& bad for me-<)
don't worry, the things that i use are available in aleph; also, the formerly broken register stuff in etex (year ago) does not apply to aleph which uses a different model

(actually, if you use aleph, context already enters etex mode -)

Giuseppe is busy, but maybe he has some initial thoughts on this?