Hans Hagen wrote:

Mari Voipio wrote:

Dear Fellow-Contexters,

I have been charged with editing a ConTeXt document in Spanish (of which I understand preciously little). This far I have gotten over the hurdles of hyphenation, labeltexts and the upside-down exclamation mark (and as far as we can tell, the Spanish hyphenation patterns get loaded, too), but now I have a problem sorting the index: the words 'ángulo' and 'índice' get sorted in the beginning of the index instead of among a and i.

It tried putting something like the example below in a) the setup part of my document, b) just before the index (a bit like in the example at <http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2005/008346.html>, except that I use the command \placeindex and not \completeindex) and c) in the lang-ita.tex file.

% Changes to sorting to fix the sorting of accented letters
\startlanguagespecifics[es]
\definesortkey {\´a}{a}{a}{\´a}  % á sorted among 'a'
\definesortkey {\´i}{i}{i}{\´i}  % í sorted among 'i'
\stoplanguagespecifics

None of the options a)-c) worked and I'm thinking that this is more of a "stupid user" problem, i.e. as I cannot find any description on how \definesortkey works, I just don't understand how to use it properly.

Any help???

I'm playign with the new texutil, and what i need is sort rules. for instance, for slovenian we need:
\startmode[sortorder-sv]

\exportsortexpansion {ccaron}  {cz}
\exportsortexpansion {cacute}  {czz}
\exportsortexpansion {dstroke} {dz}
\exportsortexpansion {scaron}  {sz}
\exportsortexpansion {zacron}  {zz}

\exportsortdivision  {cz}  {ccaron}
\exportsortdivision  {czz} {cacute}
\exportsortdivision  {dz}  {dstroke}
\exportsortdivision  {sz}  {scaron}
\exportsortdivision  {zz}  {zacron}

\stopmode

can you (and others) more language specific sort rules? (divisions do the reverse, they determine what ends up under a different key) Hans