Hans Hagen wrote:
Hi,

For those interested in sorting registers ...

OK, I am very interesting. Now I set aside some time to help with Cz part.

... the alpha release has sort-* files in it.

I looked at it. Seems that basic sorting rules can be set by macro, more difficult by Rubu module, right? Let start with macro.

I derrived test file from your example. The only difference is that I replace \ccaron by č in IL2 and put \enableregime[IL2] to very beginning. Seems such char is not recognized by sorting rules. What is wrong?

I see there are 4 macros. I guess their meaning:

\exportsortrule {zacron}{z+1} ... replaces two lines:
  \exportsortexpansion {ccaron}  {cz} ... char to string replacement
  \exportsortdivision  {cz}  {ccaron} ... reverse

\exportsortreduction{ch}{c} ... second pass replacement ???
  if I want 'ch' be sorted between 'h' and 'i' so I do
  \exportsortreduction{ch}{h+1} ??

vit

For the moment you need to load:

 \readfile{sort-ini}{}{}

After that

mainlanguage[sl]

\starttext
   test \index {aa1}  test \index {ab1}         test \index {aa2}
   test \index {ab2}  test \index {aa10}        test \index {aa8}
   test \index {aa9}  test \index {aa11}        test \index {aa10}
   test \index {cccc} test \index {\ccaron ccc} test \index {\cacute ccc}
   test \index {caaa} test \index {\ccaron aaa} test \index {\cacute aaa}
   \placeindex
\stoptext

will adapt itself to the language. Sort orders are defined in sort-lan.tex.
You need to run 'newtexexec' (ruby reimplementation of texexec), which uses the texutil module/class instead of the program (faster). The reimplementation of texutil permits user plugins and such (more about that later).

I need more info on sort order about for instance czech and german and ... Hans

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com