At 12:33 AM 8/15/2005, Hans Hagen wrote:
Brooks Moses wrote:
[...]
  \starttext
  \tfc
  The variables are $u$ and $p$.
  \stoptext

This causes the math to be in roman instead of italic. (It's not in "text font" per se; an \it after the \tfc will italicise the text but not the math, creating a quite odd effect.)

Is there a reason for this? What's the cleanest way to fix it for all the various size commands?

i'll have a look, for teh moment say:
\bigmath

at the top of your document (this triggers a more extensive synchronization)

Thanks! That's exactly the simple and quick workaround that I was hoping for, for this project that's due tomorrow. :)

I look forward to the "proper" fix for the future, as well.

- Brooks