Hello,

I would like to define an accented rotated character e,
"schwagrave". The following definition fails because of two reasons:
- rotate rotates around the middle of the baseline (I would like to
place the rotated e at the same place where it was before)
- buildtextaccent doesn't like the box produced by rotation

%----------------------------------------------------------%

% U0254 LATIN SMALL LETTER OPEN O
\definecharacter openo {\rotate[rotation=180]{c}}

% U0259 LATIN SMALL LETTER SCHWA
\definecharacter schwa {\rotate[rotation=180]{e}}

\definecharacter schwagrave
{\buildtextaccent\textgrave{\schwa}}

1\openo 2\schwagrave 3

%----------------------------------------------------------%

In the second example I would like to rotate the accent to produce some
other glyphs used in our phonetics:

%----------------------------------------------------------%

\definecharacter textinvertedbreve {\rotate[rotation=180]{\textbreve}}
\def\buildtextbottominvertedbreve
{\bottomaccent{.25ex}{0}{5}{\textinvertedbreve}}

% U0217 LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH INVERTED BREVE
\definecharacter uinvertedbreve {\buildtextaccent\textinvertedbreve u}
% U0216 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER U WITH INVERTED BREVE
\definecharacter Uinvertedbreve {\buildtextaccent\textinvertedbreve U}
% spoken u, not in Unicode
\definecharacter uinvertedbrevebelow {\buildtextbottominvertedbreve u}

1\uinvertedbrevebelow 2\uinvertedbreve 3\Uinvertedbreve 4
\it 1\uinvertedbrevebelow 2\uinvertedbreve 3\Uinvertedbreve 4

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
        Mojca