Ciro Soto wrote:

Hello,

I need two more twiks for my footnotes:
I am using asterisk instead of numbers or letter for the footnotes.

Twik 1:
My font is too slanted and the asterisk (*) is printed too close to the
last word in the sentence.
Example:
Charles IV \footnote[]{asdfasdf}
will print an asterisk touching the V letter.
How do I instruct context to give me some room between the V and the asterisk?

Second twik:
How to control the distance between the page text and the rule line
that separates
the footnote and the page text?
I tried the "distance=", th
e "height="  arguments in the
setupfootnotes, but they don't do
what I want.
thank you
patch in core-not:

\unprotect

\def\dolastnotesymbol
 {\removeunwantedspaces
  \doifitalicelse\/\donothing % Charles IV \footnote{the fourth}
  \ifdim\lastkern=\notesignal
\dodonotesymbol{\kern\noteparameter\c!distance}% gets the font right, hack !
  \fi
  \nobreak
  \doifelse{\noteparameter\c!interaction}\v!no
{\dodonotesymbol{\lastnotenumber\domovednote\v!previouspage\v!nextpage}%
     \ifconditional\pagewisenotes
       \rawreference\s!fnt{\s!fnt:f:\internalfootreference}{}%
     \fi}
    {\gotobox
{\dodonotesymbol{\lastnotenumber\domovednote\v!previouspage\v!nextpage}}%
       [\s!fnt:t:\internalfootreference]%
     \rawreference\s!fnt{\s!fnt:f:\internalfootreference}{}}%
  \globallet\lastnotesymbol\relax}

\protect

\starttext

\setupfootnotes[conversion=set 1]