Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Jilani Khaldi wrote:

I just want to know how to have a table in Context with cells which can
contain many lines each; something like this:

  \starttabulate[|p(4cm)|p(2cm)|p(2cm)|]
  \NC Header1                   \NC header2 \NC header 3   \NC\NR
  \NC This is a text splitted in 3 lines because it is very long
              \NC 2005    \NC Thank you   for the tip!\NC\NR
  \stoptabulate

Or (in the spirit of Taco's example):

\bTABLE
\setupTABLE[c][1][width=4cm]
\setupTABLE[c][2,3][width=2cm] % 2nd and 3rd column
  \bTR
    \bTD Header1 \eTD
    \bTD header2 \eTD
    \bTD header3 \eTD
  \eTR
    \bTD This is a text splitted in 3 lines because it is very long \eTD
    \bTD 2005 \eTD
    \bTD Thank you for the tip! \eTD
\eTABLE

If text in a cell is very long, it will be splitted in more lines
automatically, so that the table of width \textwidth will be produced.
\bTABLE ... \eTABLE is already very clever, however, I don't know if
you can do something similar as in the LaTeX example you provided, so
that the overall table width is fixed to exactly 16 cm (also for a

\bTABLE[option=stretch,textwidth=16cm]
\eTABLE

vit

very small table, which should artificially be expanded) without
having to provide the width of every single column.

See enattab.pdf for more details about natural tables.

Mojca

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com