Ok, even with the wiki and all the manuals around (which are
getting obsolete, too) there is definitely too little
documentation on the various tabulation formats.

The biggest problem is that each table type has its ability,
but there is nothing that can do everything.

Simplest example, I'm currently having a problem using a
start/stoptabulate (which I need because \RC & friends don't
work in start/stoptable) but I don't know how to span
multiple columns (which can be done in start/stoptable with
\use, which doesn't work in start/stoptabulate)

What am I supposed to do?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta